Friday, November 11, 2011

Smorgasbord.

Ok, first of all, I can never think of anything creative or catchy to put for a title. Not my forte.

Here are some highlights of the week.

For those of you who may not know, BYU gives out free Bridal Guides. They are everywhere. And they are hilarious. On my Wednesday shift I work with some pretty funny people. So as I was leaving lunch to go to work, I saw the stand with the guides, so I grabbed one and headed off. I walked into the lab, held up my Bridal Guide proudly, and we all burst out laughing. I'm sure everyone in JKB 1005 thinks we are the most immature people. So we spent that hour flipping through and criticizing everything. Little did I know a Bridal Guide could make for hours of wholesome entertainment.

Every Thursday night me and some friends get together for dinner. It's always a fun time. Last night, we started talking about shows we used to watching growing up. Before we knew it, we had Youtube up and we were looking up the theme songs of all our favorites. The list included, but was not limited to, Arthur, Zoom, Duck Tales, Recess, The Magic School Bus, Animaniacs, and The Pinkie and the Brain. Yes, we could still sing to most of the songs. Yes, we still had our favorite episodes. And yes, we can even still recall the schedule of when they came on TV. Why don't they make shows like these anymore? I would still watch them faithfully.

After dinner last night, some of us decided to go check out the line at Wal-Mart for the release of the latest Harry Potter movie. I expected a huge line, I mean there are two large universities here and what else do college kids do for fun? We got there and there was no line.


But there was a small crowd off to the side watching the movie and eating cake. I won't make any judgment calls, but it was totally the type of crowd that would be in a place where there was free cake. We stood around and debated what to do, and then one of the employees paused the movie for a quick trivia question. "What was the first horcrux to be destroyed?" Annoying little girl: "The locket!" Me: "NO! It was TOM RIDDLE'S DIARY!!" You bet I was right. Prize? A free poster. Of Hermione. I can check that off my bucket list! They turned the movie back on and we watched until the end (15 more minutes) and then waited for more questions. If I could have answered more than one, I would have won so many prizes. Obviously this crowd did not know their stuff. My friend won a poster and then we were out of there by 11 o'clock. Success? I would say so.
Oh, and happy 11/11/11.

6 comments:

Brittany said...

I miss college.

That's all.

Emily Nelson said...

So happy for you and your Hermione poster and Bride's Guide mag. Such treasures! You're such a clever writer! Keep posting!

Amy Lovell said...

Oh to be in college again. Seriously, stay in as long as you can, life really is more exciting during those days.

They could at least given you a life size of Hermione.

Li-Sha said...

that girl is so dumb, the locket wasn't destroyed until the last book! what an idiot. okay and i used to get the bridal guide to giggle at with my roommate, where as my other roommate used to get it and seriously look at it, in secret in her room. i know because i once walked in and she guiltily hid it under her pillow.

AJ Candrian said...

Niiiiiiice. I still have yet to read or watch any of the Harry Potter books/movies. Maybe one day. Until then, I will continue to remain jealous that you get to be in college. And work at the computer labs.

Erin S said...

Arthur is still on PBS actually. And Magic School Bus is on Saturday mornings. What about Rescue Rangers? I liked that one. And Recess too which used to be on not that long ago.
I have two kids. I watch cartoons. So what?