Friday, May 1, 2009

And the winner is...

ONE person guessed stateside. As a winner, you are officially invited to my farewell. Anyone else who voted is invited too!

It's been a crazy week, so sorry for the long boring post. After a hectic weekend with an unplanned trip to Utah and back in one day, the time has come to start yet another semester, or term in this case, of college. My roommates are a little crazy. One of them is from Nigeria. He's about 5'4", has a thick accent, and likes to smile and laugh a lot. Before he says anything to me, he says, "My friend..." It makes me laugh. The other one is from Nepal. Yeah I didn't know where that was either. I've seen him once since I moved in on Monday. I'm sure he's pretty cool...? Classes are going pretty well so far. On Tuesday when classes started, I couldn't find my first class, tennis. It brought back horrifying memories of my first day last June when I was wandering around the Brick Oven trying to find the JFSB. I knew there were stairs somewhere, but I had no clue where to go. Anyway, I skipped tennis and waited until noon for my next class. Usually when I go to the JFSB (my home away from home) I have to wander around trying to find a place to study. Today, I felt like I was the only person in the whole building. At noon I went to the JSB for my next class. It was the same room where I had class last summer. So I went in, the class was full, and we waited for the teacher to arrive. At about 12:30, after half the class had left, a nerdy but helpful student realized he had the professor's office phone number in his phone. I'm still wondering why, but hey, he called and the teacher was there five minutes later. He was really nice and apologetic, but after 30 minutes of apologizing and giving every excuse that came to his mind for being late, it started getting old. So yeah, first day was off to a great start. My next class was right after the last one and right across the hall. So of course I was there before everyone else. I started talking to my teacher and found out that he served in the Richmond Virginia Mission! He was really nice and it was a good class. So that is how my first day turned out, pretty crazy. Now I have 7 more weeks of school, a mission to prepare for, a farewell talk to write, farewells to attend, finals, and then the MTC. Life is great.

8 comments:

AJ Candrian said...

I'm hoping your mission call means that we will run into you... at least once! We shall see! I'm excited for you!

Candria said...

Well, at least I posted about your call first!! Don't worry, I love both you and Kirk the same... I know you lose sleep worrying about that at night! :)

Li-Sha said...

"And the winner is... LI-SHA!"

Erin S said...

You never found your class?? Haha, that's funny.

Amy Lovell said...

Oh spring term...it feels lonely after fall/winter!

I'm almost positive the tennis class is out on the tennis courts. I love that you just didn't go!

Brittany said...

A few comments:

1) I took a tennis class my last spring term at BYU and I loved it. Make sure you go to the next one. :)

2) Why in the world are you going to school spring term? Don't you want a break before your mission?

3) What did your teacher have to say about the Richmond, VA mission? I talked to the missionaries in my ward yesterday and told them you were coming and they said to tell you and I quote "It's the best mission in the world!" Yeah, I'm sure they all say that -- but the ones we have in our ward right now are pretty enthusiastic. :)

Xoxo Grandma said...

You forgot to mention that you hung out with your favorite aunt & uncle Saturday and then again Sunday afternoon...We love having you at our house!
Yes, you'll love Richmond and the rest of Virginia too. We are so proud of you...even if you couldn't find the tennis courts. Did I ever tell you that I took a tennis class the summer I was engaged to your Uncle Mike and it was fun?

Rob said...

I think you should challenge my mom to a tennis match to see if she learned anything.