Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A Story for the Ages...

By now you all know the story of how I got my call, but here are some pictures of the quickest, most exciting, most boring trip to retrieve that mission call.

After calling five or six friends to see if they wanted to come on a quick road trip, none of them could go! But I knew my good friend Lindsey would. She was in class so I kept calling and calling until she finally walked out because she thought I was going to be telling her where I was going, but not quite... After some quick explaining and persuading, she left in the middle of a class and skipped another class to come along for the ride!

I know he wasn't thrilled to come and probably could have spent his day doing something else, but I couldn't have asked for a better twin to come along for the ride!


After a long 3 1/2 hour drive, I finally had it!!! But with the daunting thought of having to drive back with that envelope screaming at me, I decided to drive back so I wouldn't be tempted to peek. All I knew was that whatever was in there was going to tell me my future for the next chapter of my life! And despite rumors that I looked before I opened it with everyone waiting at home, I did NOT look! (That's right Candria. I do have self-control.)


Richmond, Virginia: Here I come. (And Brittany, Andrea, Amy, and any other family that I may "run into." Cards, new ties, and goodie packages are always welcome!)

P.S. Thanks to everyone for waiting up so late for me to get back, it meant a lot! And sorry for all the late-night phone calls...

6 comments:

Amy Lovell said...

Best late night phone call I ever received!

Sorry for not believing you when you told me where you are going.

It was late, I was tired, and I was just too happy to really believe you are coming out to Virginia to join me! :)

Xoxo Grandma said...

Love any phone calls from you no matter the time. I was just worried you hadn't made it back yet. Got to love anyone named Michael, especially you! Hum, I wonder what your favorite Aunt Joy will send you while your being a missionary?

AJ Candrian said...

That's amazing that you didn't actually peak... I heard someone else got to peak though. Is that true?

Candria said...

You just sounded way to calm on the drive home to not already know where you were going! I underestimated you Michael. Sorry! I'm so excited for you!!!

Brittany said...

Okay, I can send you new ties, but you have to promise me one thing . . . that when you get home from your mission you will burn these ties and never wear them again! Mission ties should not be kept and worn for years afterward -- I know someone who does this and it is not cool, trust me!

Erin S said...

I'm just glad I got to be there when you opened it! Hopefully I'm here when you leave AND I really want to go pick you up, so I'm planning on not having anymore kids for a while :)